Healdswood Infant and Nursery School
We believe that our curriculum should be rich and engaging, that it should be skills driven and that is should prepare our children for life.
Our school community is passionate about and is constantly engaging in professional dialogue to ensure our curriculum is relevant, rigorous and constantly evolving to ensure learning ignites curiosity. Our children are encouraged to think creatively, to question and to explore to create life long learners.We teach each of our learning behaviours systematically so that our children learn how to develop resilience and creativity and how to become aware of themselves as learners through our Healdswood Learning Powers.
Our Rainbow rules intertwine everything that we do. Our school have made seven curriculum pledges to our children.
Our Curriculum Pledges
1. To value each child as an individual, striving to provide a curriculum which is engaging, purposeful and intertwined with knowledge and skills.
2. To provide a curriculum that broadens our children is learning experience both in and beyond the community and school, as our children experience a range of trips, visits and outside visitors.
3. To embed our school values in our curriculum and to educate our children to be individuals who care and respect for each other, the community, the environment and the wider world.
4. To spark curiosity, awe, wonder, and enable our children to appreciate and marvel in the world in which they live through our curriculum.
5. To immerse our children in a language and vocabulary rich curriculum.
6. To foster a school community that values partnerships with parents who understand and support how our curriculum can foster a love of learning.
7. To nurture our children to become confident, resilient learners through a curriculum that values our children’s well-being.